Helping Your Skin At Menopause
Your skin needs help to age well, but just how do you do that?
Time in the sun, smoking, diet, and heredity all have effects that become evident on your skin as you get older.
Stress, gravity, and obesity also affect the way skin looks and as you age, your skin doesn’t produce new cells as quickly as it used to.
That means it gradually becomes less elastic and prone to dryness.
7 simple skin care tips
A few straightforward steps are all you need to care for your skin as you get older.
1. If you smoke, stop. Research shows that smoking prematurely ages your skin and certainly won’t help reduce your wrinkles.
2. Limit sunbathing and tanning salons. Stay out of the sun between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. when the sun’s rays are the strongest and most damaging to your skin.
Freckles, age spots, and blotchy complexions are all linked to sun exposure.
3. Always wear sunscreen. Use products daily with at least an SPF 30 or higher — with both UVB and UVA protection every day.
Reapply your sunscreen to exposed skin every two hours when you are outside. Sun damage can result in such changes as fine wrinkles and an uneven skin tone.
4. Check your skin often for skin cancer. If there are changes that worry you, check with your doctor right away. Older, fair-skinned people are at high risk and must have a yearly check.
5. Soothe dry skin. You can keep skin moist by using a humidifier and always use moisturising soaps and lotions with natural ingredients such as coconut oil and shea butter.
6. Eat healthily and hydrate. Good nutrition helps the body repair skin that can be stressed from too much sugar and junk food. Drinking lots of water helps hydrate skin from the inside out.
7. Try anti-ageing products. If you’re over age 50, you need some extra help as your skin’s natural production of collagen declines. Specially targeted products for your age can help enhance your natural beauty by rejuvenating your skin.
These are simple, everyday ways in which you can help your skin age beautifully and certainly good skincare plays its part in this. If you want to boost your skin’s appearance you can use Wellsprings face serum, containing essential hyaluronic acid and the hormones oestrogen and progesterone to support your skin to stay supple, strong and beautiful.